- The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters. For more information, visit: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/Index
Information about loans and grants for home maintenance
- Information about low interest loans through government agencies
- Information about availability of commercial/industrial property
- Tax incentives
Garfield Heights is partnering with Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland (NHS) to provide free housing counseling to residents who have high interest and/or adjustable rate mortgages.
There also is help for residents having trouble making their mortgage payment. Residents of any NE Ohio city are eligible to use this service. Call the NHS main office at 216-458-4663 to schedule an appointment.
FOR A LIST OF THE COUNCIL MINUTES, please click here.
FOR A LIST OF THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES, please click here.
Garfield Heights City Council has regular meetings the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at the Civic Center.
A council caucus session is held at 6:30 p.m. before each meeting. Council may schedule additional meetings to handle city business matters with 24 hours notice to the public.
During the summer months, council sessions are reduced to one meeting per month.
Agendas and legislation to be considered at each meeting are posted the Friday prior to the meeting at public locations throughout the city including the Civic Center, the Garfield Heights Justice Center, the Boulevard Convenient and the Garfield Heights Regional Library.
Recorded meetings of the Garfield Heights City Council are shown on local government access channels seven days a week.
Starting times are listed below:
- 3:00 am
- 10:00 am
- 1:30 pm
- 4:30 pm
- 8:00 pm
- 10:30 pm
U.S. Census Bureau Needs Hundreds of Thousands of Workers
To read the article, please click here.
NOTICE OF COUNCIL MEETINGS
Due to COVID-19, currently Garfield Heights City Council is having regular meetings on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m via phone conference. In order to be as transparent as possible and comply with the Ohio Open Meetings Law, individuals can attend the meeting by telephone. Any individual who wishes to listen to the council meeting can dial the number and enter the code set forth below. In order to conduct the meeting in an efficient and orderly manner, we are requesting individuals who call in to do the following:
- Please place your telephone on mute when you are listening to the meeting. This will avoid background noise and a general disruption of the council meeting.
- Please submit any questions you may have, in advance, to your council person by email. All council members’ email addresses are available on the website for the City of Garfield Heights.
The meeting is scheduled as follows:
6:30 p.m. Council Caucus
7:00 p.m. Council Meeting
We are also asking that anyone who wishes to listen to the meeting join the telephone conference by 6:55 p.m. so as to avoid interruptions.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89315474985
Meeting ID:893 1547 4985
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799US (Chicago)